Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Reviews of In an Uncharted Country

It's been about a year and a half since my book, In an Uncharted Country (Press 53), came out. I've been pleased with the reaction of readers and reviewers, although it doesn't seem as though there have been a whole lot of either! But the book is still available (you can order it from any bookstore, and many stores in my area stock it), and of course you can buy it on Amazon.com (both paperback and Kindle), Barnes & Noble, and your local independent booksellers.

The book has even won some awards, I'm happy to say. It received a Gold Medal ("Ippy") from Independent Publisher for Best Fiction in the Mid-Atlantic, and it also won the Maria Thomas Fiction Award from Peace Corps Writers.

And the reviews have been quite good. There was the review by Janelle Adsit in Mid-American Review. There was the review by Mark Brazaitis in Peace Corps Writers. The book earned a brief mention in the Richmond Times Dispatch. Diane Becker wrote a very nice review in The Short Review. And there was another nice review in the Virginia-Pilot. There have also been a smattering of reviews on various blogs and websites.

I like to give readings from the book, and I've had some very fun appearances, but visiting book clubs has been the best experience of all, I think. I'm not spending as much time on promotion of this book as I once was, but I'm still available for readings, book clubs, seminars and workshops.

No comments: