Monday, November 09, 2009

North Carolina Book Tour


I just got back from a quick trip to North Carolina, where I did three readings (from my book In an Uncharted Country) with my friend Mary Akers. For the first two events, at McIntyre's Fine Books in Fearrington (near Chapel Hill) and at Shakespeare & Co. in Kernersville, we were joined with Kevin Watson from Press 53, our publisher. For the third event, at Malaprop's Bookstore/Cafe in Asheville, we were on our own, although the audience was filled with friendly faces.

All three readings were a lot of fun, and the stores, although quite different, were all terrific. Definitely they're worth a visit if you're in the area. And I think they've got stock of our books!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo, Cliff. Looks like your book tour is going well. Congratulations!
Pam

Paul Epstein said...

Cliff,

Interesting news. I haven't seen your book but I think I would be more likely to buy it from Amazon if I was able to "look inside". Has your publisher thought about using this feature? It's free for the publisher according to Amazon.

There might be a really good reason for not doing so. But I'd like to know more about book publishing.

Paul Epstein

Unknown said...

Paul,
Thanks for the idea. I've written to the publisher to see if there's a reason for not doing so. We'll see what happens!
Cliff