Tuesday, February 24, 2009

AWP 2009

I thought I was done writing about the AWP Conference, but I guess I'm not. I managed to bring home a bunch of books and magazines and I wanted to tell you about them. It's not as big a haul as in past years, since I was flying and didn't want the extra weight, but it's respectable:

Willow Springs No. 63
Colorado Review No. 35.3
Tusculum Review No. 3
Salamander No. 14.1
TriQuarterly No. 132
New Madrid Winter 2009
Passages North No. 30.1

I also managed to acquire a couple of books: A Peculiar Feeling of Restlessness , a beautiful book from Rose Metal Press consisting of four short short fiction chapbooks by Amy Clark, Elizabeth Ellen, Kathy Fish, and Claudia Smith; and Maps of the Imagination: The Writer as Cartogrpaher by Peter Turchi.

I don't know when I'll read all this, but at least it isn't quite as obscene as last year.


K. Wilson said...


That Rose Metal Press book is wonderful and the issue of Tri-Quarterly that you picked up has a long story by Justin Quarry that is amazing.

Clifford Garstang said...

Indeed, the presence of Justin's story (and that of Fred Leebron, one of my Queens teachers) was why I got that issue!