Friday, December 12, 2008

VCCA Readings

A couple of nights ago we had another reading in the VCCA living room. It was brief, which I appreciated, because I've been coming back out to my studio in the evenings. But it was also very enjoyable. Both readers read from published work, rather than things they've been working on here, but that's good too! M.F. Godfrey (Mimi), read a story about the Spanish Flu that was in three voices, with fascinating historical detail. Terrific piece that was in a journal I don't know called River's Edge. we also heard from E.J. Levy, who read a wonderful story that appeared in Orchid.

These readings are great because I'll now be on the lookout for work by these authors. We've got more readings and open studios coming up over the next week . . .

No comments: