Friday, December 21, 2007

New Books in 2008?

I've been thinking this morning about forthcoming books because I wanted to pre-order Grace Paley's Fidelity, which is being published in March. That made me think of Russell Banks's The Reserve, which I understand is due out in January. And my good friend Mary Akers has her first book, Radical Gratitude also due in March, from Allen & Unwin.

I spent about a minute hunting for news of other anticipated releases but didn't see what I was looking for. I did, though, remember that the National Book Critics Circle Blog Critical Mass has been running a series on books they're looking forward to in 2008.

But what else? Tell me about books you're anticipating in the coming year.


Mary Akers said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I was really looking forward to The Air We Breathe, but I have that now...can't think of other anticipated books.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to Mary's Radical Gratitude, Xujun Eberlein's Apologies Forthcoming, Kristin Menger-Anderson's story collection, and Brian Alexander's America Unzipped, a nonfiction survey of the current sexual landscape. Brian's a journalist I worked with at Glamour, so I know this is going to be interesting.