Tuesday, November 13, 2007

AWP NYC

I received a brochure from AWP today about the 2008 conference in NYC. If I weren't already set to go, I'd be making my reservations. There are some amazing readings scheduled: John Irving, Joyce Carol Oates, A.S. Byatt, Mark Strand, Luisce Gluck, Martin Amis, Robert Pinsky, Natasha Trethewey, Charles Simic, Sharol Olds, Yusef Komunyakaa, Galway Kinnel, Ha Jin, Carolyn Forche, Russell Banks, Francine Prose, Lydia Davis, Jennifer Egan, Percival Everett, E.L. Doctorow, Jonathan Safran Foer, Peter Cameron, Amy Hempel, Robert Bly, Claudia Emerson, Li-Young Lee, Billy Collins, Frank McCourt -- and others, if you can believe it. All in 3 days, and that's not counting panel discussions, the bookfair, etc. This is huge.

I'm already looking forward to the 2009 conference in Chicago.

No comments: