Saturday, September 22, 2007

Seeing your own work

It's a good day when a magazine containing your own work arrives in the mail. It happened twice today. The Spring/Summer 2007 issue of GSU Review arrived, and my story "Nanking Mansion," which won their 2007 Fiction Prize, is the first piece in the book, on page 6. [And, by the way, it turns out that GSU Review is changing its name to New South, and has a slick new website.]

And the Fall 2007 issue of Rain Taxi Review of Books arrived. This issue has my review of Alex Mindt's Male of the Species (a fine collection of short stories).

So. I didn't get much work done today, but at least there was this.

4 comments:

katrina said...

Congrats, Cliff. I like the new name and look!

Unknown said...

Me, too, Kat. I kind of wish they'd made the change one issue earlier!

Maryanne Stahl said...

Well done, Cliff.

Anonymous said...

Seeing your own work twice in one day makes it all worth it:)