I’ve been tagged by Linera with the old eight-random-facts meme that I somehow managed to dodge the last time it reached epidemic proportions. Shoulda zigged instead of zagged, I guess.
So, here are the rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Eight Random Facts About Me:
1. I used to shoot a mean free throw, mostly in the driveway of our house in Peoria, Illinois.
2. I heard about Elvis’s death while having a tumor removed at the U.S. Army hospital in Seoul, Korea. (Wait, Elvis is dead?)
3. I’ve been to the Indianapolis 500 five times, but the last two times I don’t remember.
4. As a senior in high school I won second place in the Illinois State High School Speech Contest in the “Declamation” event, reciting “Forever a Stranger” by Diane Oaks.
5. In Singapore, I lived in a four-bedroom apartment. Not counting the maid’s quarters. Alone. Not counting the geckos.
6. I have a godson, Daniel, who recently sent me a postcard from Paris (Eiffel Tower).
7. I helped rewrite the Company Law of Kazakhstan in 1994-95.
8. I have traveled outside the US at least once in each of the last 25 years.
Now, for the tagging. No. Not gonnadoit. These memes can be fun, and I more or less enjoyed coming up with the above list, but I really don’t want to impose this obligation on anyone. Tell you what. Let’s call this an open-invitation meme. If you see this and want to be tagged, then leave a comment to that effect and consider yourself tagged. If I get eight self-taggers, then I’ll close the comments and be done until infected again. Thank you.