Saturday, April 21, 2007

"Conversations and Connections"

For just $35, the Conversations and Connections writers' conference seems almost too good to be true. Not only do you get to hear from Amy Holman (a literary magazine publishing consultant whom I've heard before at Bread Loaf) and Fiona McCrae (Publisher of Graywolf Press whom I've also heard before at Bread Loaf), you also participate in 3 breakout sessions, "speed dating" with editors from a list of about 20 journals, a "happy hour" with mingling and reading, PLUS a year's subscription to one of the journals represented. This sounds like a fantastic deal especially for someone who isn't yet comfortable with the process of submitting to journals. Or anyone else, for that matter. I'm even thinking of going even though I've published in a couple of the represented journals and I've heard both Amy and Fiona before. If I can rationalize making the 2.5 hour drive (each way), I may just have to go. It sounds like fun.

No comments: