Wednesday, November 01, 2006

On the Road

I'm taking a little trip tomorrow, down to Charlotte, N.C., for the very first Queens University of Charlotte MFA Alumni Program. In addition to some readings and panels (and much eating and drinking), the alums in attendance will be workshopping pieces with editors and agents (as opposed to the usual writers). Despite the relatively light schedule for the program, that was enough to make it interesting to me.

I'll be working with Don Lee, editor of Ploughshares (the best literary magazine in existence, so I'm pretty excited about that). Also leading workshops are Rob Spillman, editor of Tin House, Field Maloney, an editor for The New Yorker, and agent Denise Shannon of The Denise Shannon Literary Agency.

Time permitting, I'll try to blog from the workshop . . .

No comments: